Novembro 16, 2022
Oferta de Emprego
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people’s lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects. The pandemic has strengthened the importance of delivering well-designed healthy spaces that are inclusive for all. Gillespies is leading a new nature led urbanism, and we are looking for passionate and highly talented designers to help us redefine the landscapes of our time.
We are currently seeking talented and creative self-employed/freelance Landscape Architects (all levels), with strong graphic design skills to provide creative and technical support on a variety of exciting UK and International projects.
You will be required to work alongside our core team of Landscape Architects, so a collaborative approach is essential. Successful freelancers must demonstrate a passion for Landscape Architecture, have good graphic and proven illustration skills, as well as excellent technical abilities and proven proficiency in using AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite package, and Microsoft office.
The successful freelancer will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree and Post Grad Diploma/MA in either Landscape Architecture or Architecture
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in delivering UK or international landscape projects in a freelance or employment capacity
- Strong AutoCAD, sketch-up, visualisation and Photoshop skills
- Revit experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Solid construction knowledge and the ability to put together high-quality technical drawing packages
- Proven ability in the delivery of large-scale, complex landscape projects in the UK and/or internationally.
- Experience in delivering planning applications, dealing with client and landscape contractors as well as good tendering and on-site experience, would be desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Gillespies will not provide hardware or software.
- Freelancers to provide their own hardware and business licensed software packages.
- Freelancers are to use their own email address and must have an MS Teams account with Microsoft to be able to communicate with Gillespies project members.
- Gillespies will provide access to their network in the form of FileFlex.
- Freelancers must demonstrate that they have sufficient and stable internet access (at their expense) and have all the security measures in place i.e. an up to date Antivirus system, software fully patched, secure WIFI access and a router with Firewall enabled.
- Freelancers must have an adequate back up system when working with Gillespies data in the event of corruption, a power outage, or a systems failure such as hardware faults. This could be as simple as backing up data to a portable drive or cloud-based offering such as Microsoft one Drive.
- Appropriate professional indemnity insurance.
Business licensed software packages required
- Adobe Creative Cloud subscription (with access to Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator as a minimum)
- Microsoft 365 subscription or Office 2019 with MS Teams
- AutoCAD 2021
- AutoCAD LT 2021
- Autodesk Revit 2021
- Autodesk Navisworks & Manager 2021
- ArcGIS Desktop Pro
- Autodesk Civil 3D 2021
- Sketch-up Pro 2021
- Google Earth Pro
- NBS Chorus
If you are interested in freelance opportunities with Gillespies, please get in touch and send your CV and portfolio to: [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you (and hopefully working with you).